I feel like my posts this week have been quite deep so I thought I may as well keep to the theme (don’t worry next week I’ll write about falling falt on my face doing box jumps or something).
I feel like I’ve changed and progressed a lot in the last twelve months and most of that has come from a change in mindset. I’ve written about this previously in various forms but essentially I’ve just started doing little things, considering certain questions I hadn’t thought about before which has led to me taking more control of my outlook and emotions.
- What are my aims- for this week, month, year, five years, 10 years?
- Why do I want to do these things?
- What is my purpose for doing what I do? What purpose will doing these things serve and will it get me closer to my aims?
- What do I need to focus on right now to get to where I want to be?
- How can I use my goals to motivate me to do things right now?
By starting to think about these things and structuring my life around these questions I feel like I’ve started to gain more control. Even if things are not perf6ect right now there is a purpose for what I am currently doing which fosters a more positive outlook that before.
There are lots of things that happen in life I can’t control of course but I can control me and my reaction to those things and turn those reactions back to focusing on my why and purpose. This is so much easier said than done and I often have blips where it doesn’t quite happen immediately but building mental fortitude takes time.
Have a read of this email which pretty neatly sums up where you can start with thinking about your why: