- Burns more calories per day than exercise
- Measuring your daily steps is an easy way to monitor / increase your NEAT
- Generally a goal of 10,000 steps per day is considered to be good for the average person
- 20,000 steps a day would be considered active
- If 10,000 currently seems unachievable look at your daily average right now and try and increase it by 10% for the next week. Keep doing this every few weeks as you adjust to the change.
- Each 1,000 steps added to a person’s day reduces risk of mobility loss
- Don’t just focus on steps though, think about moving more in general (dancing, playing with the kids, housework, shopping)