1. Meals Out! Will there be food? Find out what’s on offer beforehand so you can pick (if there’s the option to pick) or plan the calories into your week to stay on track
2. If you know you’ll eat a lot later maybe having brunch or skipping breakfast will help you stay within your calorie goal for the day
3. Drinks! If you’ve lots of parties and are worried about the calories in all the alcohol consider favouring a gin and tonic / Vodka and lime over creamy cocktails which tend to be higher in calories
4. Consider volunteering to be the designated driver on a couple of nights out to reduce your calories and also have a the smugness of a clear head in the morning!
5. The hangover. Often it’s the next day where you really go overboard on your calories. If you know you go overboard when hungover consider pacing yourself on the night. Perhaps having a glass of water in between each drink and having a glass of water before bed to keep yourself hydrated.
6. Alternatively just have your Uber eat McDonald order at the ready for speed the following morning
7. Suggest some fun activities that don’t involve food or drink – ice skating, walks, Santa Runs … that way you’re moving rather than eating and drinking whilst still seeing friends!